Who is He?
Video by Reilly Archer-Wheelan
What does he do?
Shannon McGurgan is an entertainer, trainer, empowerer and a presenter of ideas. A person who has made his life's journey that of living outside the norm.
He has a 20 year career as a performer, a past life as a registered nurse and a history of writing over a hundred songs. An occasional job in personal security, a passion for teaching and he is the personal trainer to the personal trainer of the Melbourne celebrity A-List.
He works in circuses, theatre, music, cabaret, corporate events, public events and festivals of any persuasion.
Shannon has 4 complete shows covering several genres which are ready to be booked straight away.
1. Circus Trick Tease- A three person circus/theatre show where two egocentric show owners hire an international superstar who turns out to have far more talent then either of them realized. The comedy lies in the love triangle that ensues. The circus action is world class.
2. Mr. Shaggles Circus World- Mr. Shaggles is a bumbling ring master who has to thow together a circus out of whatever is lying around. What better props to use than the audience! A show specifically designed to empower children by giving them a taste of the big top and proving what they can do.
3. Mama's Bag of Feathers- A cutting edge cabaret style show with original songs, circus action, audience participation and a spattering of bondage. Giving an alternative perspective to the gender debate, "Mama's Bag of Feathers" is a journey of emotion which will challenge but ultimately uplift.
4. Straya- Immigration, bureaucracy, alcohol and sport. Circus Trick Tease bring you their own tounge in cheek version of what it really means to be Australian. Discovering more uses for a keg than you thought possible, balancing on the paperwork that is omnipresent or simply banging out some awesome tricks to a kick arse all Australian sound track, this show is a surprise.
5. Sea Shanty Circus- Sea Shanties are work songs performed by sailors as they went about the repetitive daily tasks involved in operating sailing vessels.
“Sea Shanty Circus” uses the metaphor of circus skills to emulate the work performed. Even the flags on the boat spell “circus”.
They have performed at festivals including Port Fairy Folk Festival, The Taste of Tasmania and Hamilton Gardens Arts Festival (NZ).
This is a unique interactive musical circus experience. With over 40 years combined experience in performing, Shannon, Mark and Felicity create their own world on their self-contained stage/boat/tricycle. Experience them roving around the site in a show full of sea shanties, circus, theatre and fun.
Some other shows Shannon has been involved with
Carnival of Lost Souls
Shannon individual and group acts include trio and duo adagio, The Strongman Act, several hula-hoop acts, Mr Shaggles, and three burlesque style adagio/dance pieces. Each of these can be performed as roving performances or as actual stage shows.
Check out the page for videos and pictures.
Corporate Workshops/Personal Training
Shannon offers workshops for corporate team building events and has a strongly heald personal belief that you can use physicality to prove to people that they are capable of anything. Trust is also a strong element in team building and is absolutely imperative when it comes to circus.
He also offers one on one training using circus skills to improve physical fitness. The advantages to this style include increasing body awareness and achievable outcomes that give people a reason to practice physical fintess.